View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zenekelia
Royal Guard

re: Destruction Spec

The main article for destruction locks at EJ is where I go to get most of my information:

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t38033-mage_equivalent_destruction_warlock/

This build is best if you need hit:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#IcZcr0h0hZVbGVrcuVoAcst:z0T

And this one if you do not:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#IZcr0h0hZVbGVdcuVsAfct:z0q
(this spec is theoretically the highest DPS spec for a lock in a "tank and spank" fight.)

The article can explain how you can rearrange the talents to better fit your play style while sticking pretty close to the main build.

Thanks Jordan!

So, I tried out the new spec and found that my dps has actually dropped from around 2.5k to 1.9k. I used the spec without hit as I am way over capped. I also went and got the glyphs. any ideas?

Demonology scales better at lower gear levels than destro will, but common rotation mistakes and just overall timing will change your damage by a lot.

You should pretty much start your rotation based on how quick your UI refresh rate is: If its slow, dont lose time waiting for Conflag to be cast-ready. If your conflag lights up the second your Immo is active (your GCD is up) use it second.

COE for caster heavy groups if you're the only lock, CoD for melee heavy or if the other lock takes COE duty.
Immo-Conflag (Fill in Chaos Bolt for slow UI resets)- Incin filler.

The rest of the fight should be reaction-based. Keeping Immo up is a priority, Conflag the second you can, Chaos Bolt when its up, etc etc.

You should really never worry about Corruption or Curses during the rotation (Especially if you have CoE duty). Your prime source of damage will stem from Incin filler and conflag crits. To keep up overall damage, if you have to move during the fight, you toss a corrupt or CoA-CoD.

Also try not to over-haste yourself because your dps will suffer during the Backdraft buff.

Any specific questions or concerns you might have, I check around often to see how you all are doin, feel free to ask. Hope this helps.
Zenekelia
Royal Guard

^great advice.

Jump to: